Friday, April 17, 2020

26A Celebrating Failure

A time this past semester where I failed was my idea of going to the gym consistently. I've played sports my whole life but ever since college started, my schedule started becoming very hectic providing little room for extracurricular activities. One of those activities being, going to the gym. I would often tell myself, tomorrow is the day I'll start going to the gym. Tomorrow would come and I would make up some excuse not to go. This happened for at least a month; I would constantly try to go to the gym but something would prevent me from going. I took this as a failure because I wasn't getting this one thing that's constantly on my mind done. I learned that it was my motivation that was lacking so I did a few things to help improve that. In terms of how I handle failure, it's primarily behaviorally. If I fail at something, I need to learn why that outcome happened and a change in behavior must be put into place to prevent the same outcome as before. This class did impact my perspective on failure, I realized the value in every opportunity and how it doesn't make sense not to chase an opportunity because the worst case scenario will be failure and at the least, you're learning something about why you failed.

1 comment:

  1. Mohammed, I did not mention this as my failure, but I can relate that going to the gym has been a goal I have set in the past and did not go through with it. It takes a lot to be consistent and honestly it takes a lot to even work up the motivation to go. I liked your post because it also applied to me. Good job.

    ReplyDelete