Friday, February 21, 2020

11A Idea Napkin No. 1

1.) I am a junior attending the University of Florida, majoring in business management. I'm originally from West Palm Beach with my family being from Lebanon. My main talents are being athletic and playing sports. I played basketball all 4 years of high school including travel basketball. My experiences through interning with Wells Fargo the past two summers have helped me develop skills such as effective time management and team leadership. Aside from that, I also worked in a retail setting with Pandora. My goal is to push my product as far as it could possibly reach in terms of availability and effectiveness. If I were to start this business, it would definitely be a large part of my life because if I invest in something I really want to give it my all and see where I could take it. I don't want to have any regrets or 'what-if' thoughts afterwards so thats why I would give it all I got.

2.) The type of product that I'm offering to customers is one that ensures safety when receiving packages to one's home. The product is a glass or hard plastic box that is installed outside the front door of the house and a key/combination is required to open the box. The box will be offered in different types of sizes which will correspond to the price of the different boxes. The customer will also be given the option to have the box installed by us upon arrival at no additional cost.

3.) I'll be offering this to all people living in residential areas and apartment complexes. I would consider my customers to typically be aged 25-50 years-old who like to shop online for most of their needs. There seems to be more of an issue in places where crime rates are higher and salaries are lower. This makes sense since most of these resident areas aren't gated in comparison to ones in different areas of the city. One thing my customers all have in common is that they value convenience and don't want to go through hassles that'll waste some of their time.

4.). They care because once their package is reported as missing or stolen, they're the ones who have to go out of their way to contact the company, trying to resolve the issue. These companies often times do investigations or ask for some sort of proof which only makes the process more exhausting and time-consuming. Customers will play money for my product because they will see the value in ensuring packages are properly delivered the first time. Having the added peace of mind knowing that your package is safe and secure waiting for you outside your front door is something that is truly underrated.

5.) My core competencies is satisfaction and effectiveness. Ensuring my customers are satisfied with their decisions is a large part of my motivation towards this product. People are always looking for ways to be more safe and secure especially when it comes to their valuables, this is a great innovative way to do it.

I believe that these five elements fit together since it's important to evaluate things holistically and from different aspects. Asking those type of questions will distinguish someone's aspirations from reality in terms of their ideas are exploitable. Taking all those things into consideration before hand may prevent failure or loss of money in some cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment